Observation log of this experiment

Log of my observations on myself, others, life, music, films, philosophy, economy, business, technology, physics, career, travelling, running, swimming, sex, politics, and food

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Goldilocks- a bundle of contraditions- hazaaron khwahishein aisi

Saturday, October 07, 2006

C minor on the suspended fourth

My love for guitar coincided with my love for the opposite sex. Boys love girls, girls love guitars, and therefore boys love guitars. Anyone with the brain of a mouse can now figure out why boys play guitars. I mean lets face it we'd rather be playing Unreal Tournament (for the uninitiated it's a first person shooter game with lots of guns, anti gravity boots, nano powers, and a futuristic version of Enter the Dragon setup), loppping heads off, rather than struggling to switch between D minor and C major, and singing at the same time.

I didn't quite start acting on my musical inspiration until I came across an ancient drunken master, whom I made my Guru when I met him for the first time. Yes none other than His Unsober
Highness, Shamik Dutta. Unfortunately for me, the Guru would not start playing the guitar without consuming a significantly amount of the holy spirits. Having done so, the Guru would want a bit of the peace pipe. Pretty soon the master would get busy negotiating a complex musical piece on the guitar, singing, smoking , drinking, and flirting with one of the other house guests at the same time. Reminds of the Old Monk from the drunken master.

So learning a bit from the Drunken Master, I came to England, bought a spanking new guitar and finally am on my way now with just a wee a bit of music that I can hummmmm....Beatles (Lady Madonna, Let it Be, Can't buy me love), Pink Floyd (Time, Comfortably Numb, Wish you were here), Kishoreda (Baat bidag jaaye,Neele Neele Ambar) , John Denver, Aerosmith, Metallica, Mr. Big.

The opportunity cost of not spending value added time playing Unreal Tournament is pretty high- Lets see how the women respond ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home