Observation log of this experiment

Log of my observations on myself, others, life, music, films, philosophy, economy, business, technology, physics, career, travelling, running, swimming, sex, politics, and food

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Goldilocks- a bundle of contraditions- hazaaron khwahishein aisi

Friday, May 11, 2007

Top Music List While Doing Second Year Project

There is something about these moments---its nearly 5 in the morning and I have been working on my second year project. Don't ask why I had to be up at 5 in the morning for work I could have finished earlier---that's a story never told in public :))

While doing this work and listening to Simon and Garfunkel, I had one of those moments. I suddenly wanted to read their biography, found a wikipedia link which led me to a link of the Rolling Stones Top 100 musicians of all times, published in 2004. (http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5939214/the_immortals_the_first_fifty/). The list left me with three distinct tastes on my caffeine overdosed tongue:

Relief that many of my fav bands were in the top-50, including Beatles, Nirvana, Elvis, The Doors, U2, Janis Joplin, Simon and Garfunkel. Independent judgment and all that is all good and proper but getting approval from Rolling Stones is always a bonus :)

Excitement that many top singers that I never explored before are now open---Chuck Berry, The Who, Muddy Waters, and a few other names. Its only some time before I locate some pirate music and rob Steve Jobs a few hundred songs short of his 2nd Billion download.

Dissapointment that my favouritestestest band of all times was not there in the list of top-100. Pink Floyd. The band that evolved and honed over decades with three very good musicians at the helm at different times, and created some euphoric moments with there songs. Someone should investigate the journalistic integrity of the Rolling Stones Magazine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gaurav,
I was 2yrs ur junior in dps...we took part in a bang club play together. hope this helps u place me. how r u?
I was trying to trace someone from school with no luck and was hoping u could help me. his name is nikhil something..was a yr or 2 senior than u, and he was part of the school production "grease". do u know his last name, any way of contacting him (thru some common friend or something)...i hope u can help. pls mail me at neha23_12@hotmail.com.
Thank a lot,
Neha Dayal

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home